Joe Porter has been born-again since 1976. He holds to the Westminster confession of faith varying only where the 1689 Confession varies. He converted from Catholicism in 1976, but was in Arminian churches until 1995 at which time he learned about the sovereignty of God in salvation. He has been a reformed thinker since that time. In January of 1997 he began work on his Masters of Divinity from Midwestern Baptist Theological Seminary in Kansas City, which he completed in 2000. He pastored three churches since then all with an unregenerate wife undermining him every step of the way (always behind his back). His wife claimed to be saved, but as he was Arminian in 1984 when they married he had no choice but to take her word for it, which earned him 27 years of extreme frustration with a woman who hated him and hated God all the while claiming to be a Christian herself. He has completed raising five children. His oldest son Michael died on October 20, 2005 from a brain tumor, but praise God that Michael loved the Lord. Michael’s siblings have struggled a great deal as their mother’s unrepentant influence has been a mill stone around their necks. She taught them how to lie, cheat and get away with anything they desired. She offered them cigarettes, alcohol, money for marijuana, condoms, and most of all cover from their father finding out anything about their sinful lifestyles. Without question she was the enemy within their home, and deception and manipulation were her primary weapons with which she destroyed the children. In Matthew Henry’s commentary on Nehemiah’s last chapter he said that in unequally yoked marriages the unbelieving spouse would have an undo influence upon the children. Those words were prophetic in the lives of Joe’s children. By 2014 two of them are showing some signs of true salvation and two of them continue to be lost in their sins. Please pray that God will draw them to the Lord Jesus Christ. God showed Joe through scripture and through His providential plan how sinful and foolish it is to remain unequally yoked in marriage. He divorced his wife and in time married a truly God-fearing woman. The difference between an unequally yoked marriage and a marriage of two saints is as different as darkness and light. Joe thought the Lord was good to him before, but the blessings are exponentially greater now that Joe has obediently removed himself from alliances with Satan’s children. Praise God for His truth and His everlasting lovingkindness. God, thank you for Hilary, my virtuous and godly wife.
About the Author
One response to “About the Author”
- 14,068 hits
- Follow Biblical View on Divorce For the Unequally Yoked on WordPress.com
Top Posts & Pages
- It Is Lawful to Leave a Broken Covenant.
- Legal Marriage Vs. God's Institution of Marriage
- Matthew 19:8 What does, "Because of your hardness of heart" really mean?
- The Will of God Dictates Divorce for Those Unequally Yoked In Marriage
- What Is God’s Intent With: “Till Death Do Us Part”
- What Is an Unequally Yoked Marriage?
- Paul’s Commentary on Matthew 19:8
- Repent of Your Unequally Yoked Marriage
- Part 1: Dr. Greg Bahnsen’s Theses on Divorce and Spousal Abuse
- 1 Corinthians 7:14 What is Paul's Meaning?: "The Unbelieving Husband or Wife Is Sanctified."
- 1 Corinthians 7:14 What is Paul’s Meaning?: “The Unbelieving Husband or Wife Is Sanctified.” May 20, 2018
- 1 Corinthians 7:12-16 In Context Strengthens the Case for Unequally Yoked Divorce Found in 2 Corinthians 6:14-7:1 February 1, 2018
- How the Church Missed God’s Permission (Mandate) to Divorce When Unequally Yoked In Marriage November 23, 2017
- Unequally Yoked Believers In Christ Have Died and Are Free To Divorce and Remarry In the Lord. October 15, 2017
- Paul’s Commentary on Matthew 19:8 September 10, 2017
- The Mystical Union of Marriage: How Mysticism and Not God’s Word Has Shaped the Church’s Prohibition Against Divorce August 29, 2017
- Church Divorce Rates Mirror the World: What to Think July 4, 2017
- Here God Once Dwelt March 10, 2017
- Why are God and the Scriptures In Favor of Marital Divorce, While Most of the Body of Christ is Against It? March 5, 2017
- The Common View on Divorce for the Unequally Yoked Creates a Clear Contradiction in God’s Word October 5, 2016
- 2 Corinthians 6:14 Unequally Yoked: Does This Apply to Marriage? August 7, 2016
- How the body of Christ Misunderstood God’s Teaching on Divorce June 26, 2016
- Divorce the Sons of Disobedience or Sink Into Damnable Idolatry September 20, 2015
- Does God Actually Hate Divorce? July 19, 2015
- Has the Church Inadvertently Institutionalized Unequally Yoked Marriages? July 6, 2015
- Part 1: Dr. Greg Bahnsen’s Theses on Divorce and Spousal Abuse May 30, 2015
- Part 2: Dr. Greg Bahnsen’s Theses on Divorce and Spousal Abuse May 30, 2015
- Part 3: Dr. Greg Bahnsen’s Theses on Divorce and Spousal Abuse May 30, 2015
- Part 4: Dr. Greg Bahnsen’s Theses on Divorce and Spousal Abuse May 30, 2015
- Part 5: Dr. Greg Bahnsen’s Theses on Divorce and Spousal Abuse May 30, 2015