“Whenever you find yourself on the side of the majority, it is time to pause and reflect.”
January 3, 2015
Mark Twain Quote
By Joe Porter
About Joe Porter
By the abundant lovingkindness and grace of God I have been in Christ for nearly 40 years. I live to love and serve God in whatever capacity He has in mind. And can do no other but to follow my conscience as scripture and reason guide me threw the shadow lands. I raised 5 children one of whom now sees clearly as he walks on streets of gold. God has blessed me after all these years with a godly, prudent wife. I cannot imagine a greater gift on the earth. I have a Masters of Divinity from Midwestern Baptist Theological Seminary in Kansas City. I own a business in Nebraska, but I live to serve God. I have preached in three different churches for a period of 10 years. I love preaching God's word. Because of my divorce I am not currently serving in any official capacity, but I know that the Lord has a ministry for me. My goal is to write a book on the topic of divorce when unequally yoked, and this blog is a step in that direction. No brother or sister in Christ should divorce their spouse solely upon the advice they find here or anywhere else for that matter. Immerse yourself in God's word, and go before the Lord--wait upon Him and He will make it clear when the time comes that you are called to repent of your unequally yoked marriage. Christ's continued blessings, Joe View all posts by Joe Porter
This entry was posted on Saturday, January 3rd, 2015 at 2:34 PM and tagged with divorce, repentance, Wisdom and posted in Wisdom. You can follow any responses to this entry through the RSS 2.0 feed.
- 9,988 hits
- Follow biblical view on divorce on WordPress.com
Top Posts & Pages
- 1 Corinthians 7:14 What is Paul's Meaning?: "The Unbelieving Husband or Wife Is Sanctified."
- Matthew 19:8 What does, "Because of your hardness of heart" really mean?
- It Is Lawful to Leave a Broken Covenant.
- 2 Corinthians 6:14 Unequally Yoked: Does This Apply to Marriage?
- Divorce the Sons of Disobedience or Sink Into Damnable Idolatry
- The Common View on Divorce for the Unequally Yoked Creates a Clear Contradiction in God's Word
- Legal Marriage Vs. God's Institution of Marriage
- Church Divorce Rates Mirror the World: What to Think
- 2 Corinthians 6:14-7:1 Is So Far From Contradicting 1 Corinthians 7:12-16 That Both Texts Agree on Divorce For Unequally Yoked Marriages February 1, 2018
- How the Church Missed God’s Permission (Mandate) to Divorce When Unequally Yoked In Marriage November 23, 2017
- 1 Corinthians 7:14 What is Paul’s Meaning?: “The Unbelieving Husband or Wife Is Sanctified.” November 6, 2017
- Unequally Yoked Believers In Christ Have Died and Are Free To Divorce and Remarry In the Lord. October 15, 2017
- Paul’s Commentary on Matthew 19:8 September 10, 2017
- The Mystical Union of Marriage: How Mysticism and Not God’s Word Has Shaped the Church’s Prohibition Against Divorce August 29, 2017
- Church Divorce Rates Mirror the World: What to Think July 4, 2017
- Here God Once Dwelt March 10, 2017
- Why are God and the Scriptures In Favor of Marital Divorce, While Most of the Body of Christ is Against It? March 5, 2017
- The Common View on Divorce for the Unequally Yoked Creates a Clear Contradiction in God’s Word October 5, 2016
- 2 Corinthians 6:14 Unequally Yoked: Does This Apply to Marriage? August 7, 2016
- How the body of Christ Misunderstood God’s Teaching on Divorce June 26, 2016
- Divorce the Sons of Disobedience or Sink Into Damnable Idolatry September 20, 2015
- Does God Actually Hate Divorce? July 19, 2015
- Has the Church Inadvertently Institutionalized Unequally Yoked Marriages? July 6, 2015
- Part 1: Dr. Greg Bahnsen’s Theses on Divorce and Spousal Abuse May 30, 2015
- Part 2: Dr. Greg Bahnsen’s Theses on Divorce and Spousal Abuse May 30, 2015
- Part 3: Dr. Greg Bahnsen’s Theses on Divorce and Spousal Abuse May 30, 2015
- Part 4: Dr. Greg Bahnsen’s Theses on Divorce and Spousal Abuse May 30, 2015
- Part 5: Dr. Greg Bahnsen’s Theses on Divorce and Spousal Abuse May 30, 2015